At this seminar, Athletes will be run through what pristine execution feels like, so they can build transferrable strength to harder skills, make linear progress, and stay on the injury free path.
Attendees are exposed to the progression system for each skill in a “flow”.
Cues and breakdowns build gradually as each progression is mastered so the important information is “internalised” and not forgotten.
Rather than having all theory explained at once, athletes are taken through this flow of practical work, and the relevant theory is picked up in lecture format after each section to solidify the learning process.
The Seminar is interweaved with the relevant Mobility & Flexibility work for each skill as it appears throughout the day.
All participants receive the SYN Gymnastics training handbook, which is 28 pages of material that covers the coaching system spread over 3 levels. The material includes a training “map” for each level which outlines benchmarks needed to achieve to advance through the system.
9:00am - 3:30pm
(1 Hour Lunch)
Warm up exercises, positions & shapes.
Scapula Activation & Flexibility for Pull-Ups.
Dissecting the Pull-Up
Pull-Up Progression system.
DIPS / HSPU:
Coaching The Foundations of Bodyweight Pressing.
Technical Breakdown of The Push Up.
Ring Supports & Ring Dips
Strict HSPU Progression System.
Shoulder Rehab / Prehab.
Programming System & Review for Pull-Ups & HSPU.
Breaking down the strength components
9:00am - 3:30pm (1 Hour Lunch)
- Toes-to-Bar Strength & Skill requirements.
- Hip Flexibility + L-Sit Development.
- Compression drills & Floor Core.
- Toes-to-Bar Specific Drills.
- Shoulder Flexibility & Shape for Handstands.
- Inversion progressions for efficient strength.
- Understanding Handstand alignment.
- Freestanding Handstands + Handstand Walking
- Coaching The Ring Muscle-Up.
- Strict Muscle-Up Strength Pre-requisites.
- The varying requirements of Strict & Kipping Muscle-Ups.
- False Grip Development & wrist strength.
- Strict transitions
- Kipping transitions.
(26th - 27th Sept 2020)
Copyright SYN Gymnastics 2020